My elder daughter Prateksha Mariappan joined Vidyanjali in 4th Std & my younger daughter Akshavikaa Mariappan joined 1st Std Montessori in the year 2015-16.
First impression is the best impression – the first thing that I observed in Vidyanjali are the lines that are put up in the Front office area which is very true and everyone should accept and follow it – “WHATEVER YOU MAY BE IN YOUR LIFE, BUT YOU ARE A PARENT HERE”.
I was looking for the best school close to my house as I am a working woman & a single parent. I needed a school that is secure and unbiased in all ways. Compared to the schools in this locality I found Vidyanjali the most beneficial for my children & me.
Both the children liked Vidyanjali right-away as their classmates were very accommodative, supportive and mingled very comfortably. They felt at home because teachers were very down to earth and loving.
All the children are given equal opportunities to explore their talents. The school provides necessary training to excel in their respective talents, be it Sports, Yoga, Music and Dance, Creya (STEM), Elocution, Theatre, Arts, Library, Martial Arts, and so on. Sports include, Volleyball, Basketball, Athletics, Kabaddi.
My children have been part of Sports, Yoga, Music & Dance, Rhetorics Gavel club over the years. Yes, you guessed it right, they have been a part of almost all the clubs and not only learnt but also excelled which is evident from their achievements.
Other things that I value most at Vidyanjali are:
- .The Greenery around the school campus gives a natural atmosphere and fresh surroundings give mental peace to the people within.
- .Utmost care given to every child as their personal requirements and upliftment is taken care of.
- .Physically challenged children who need special care and support are given what is required and are treated equally.
- .The school uniform is the best and I value it most as it is unbiased for both the genders.
- .Every person in the school, be it the Founder, Director, School Administrator, Principal, Coordinators, Teachers or Support staff – everyone is compassionate, well trained and performs their duties sincerely.
- .Well trained, skilled & experienced teachers have been associated with the school for a long term are the most valuable asset for Vidyanjali.
- .Value Education is taught through life skills by way of hourly sessions or through school cinema which help children express themselves, face tough situations, relate themselves and find solutions to their own problems.
- .The recent addition - VAL Talks sessions gave opportunity to each child to stand up and speak. It boosts the confidence of the children to unhesitatingly express their opinions and thoughts in all three languages (English, Hindi & Kannada). Children also get to know each other well.
The interaction with other parents at Vidyanjali starts every year with the Orientation Programme followed by Parents Empowerment, Open House, Munch Melas. Vidyanjali has helped in bringing the parent community together on various occasions. They invite parents to actively participate in the program taking up various roles alongside teachers and making the programme a great success. In this process the parents get connected and as the years go by the parent community becomes stronger and a very close self-help group.
Nevertheless, to mention the protocols that Vidyanjali follows when it comes to safety. Utmost care is taken to follow the guidelines given to the school by the Government and other governing authorities.
In the same way Vidyanjali handles the situations very diplomatically with parents too and never loses their cool. Opportunity of being heard - is completely followed where all the parents are given an opportunity to express their opinion, provide suggestions, suggest improvements, etc.